Monday

SU Marker backgrounds

Good morning and brrrr it really is a cold morning.  I was the last one up today, I didnt want to leave my warm bed.  Only 2 degrees when I finally made it for a cuppa but the sun is out now and it looks lovely and crisp out there.

Friday evening was Christmas Card and chatter evening and we put the world to rights.  It is now time to start sticking the cards together and getting that pen out.  It wont be too long before we have to post our cards overseas.

Saturday was another crafty one once we had a trip to Costco and visited my friend from Ireland.  Just put a few bits away and tidied up.  Sunday was a full on craft room day tut tut.  We started off with a group of lovely pen club ladies, now called pennys.  We had a play making backgrounds and here is one that was finished.



This was made using Shimmery White Card stock as it has a wonderful finish to it.  Scribbling two coloured Stampin' Up! makers onto an acrylic block and spritzing with water creates a lovely wash.  You then stamp this wash onto your card, making it very wet and sprinkle with salt.  Depending on which salt you use, as it absorbs the water it leaves marks in different shapes and sizes.  You can speed up the process by using a heat gun.  When it is dry you wipe the salt off and you have a background.  Everytime you do it, it will be very different. If you fancy having a go at this please let me know and I will arrange a little get together in The Craft Room.

Once The Craft Room got cleaned up and the salt was all hoovered away,  it was out with big bertha to make some special swaps for my adopted Stampin' Up! family.  When I went to Telford last year a lovely lady Jayne, took me under her wing as I was on my own for dinner.  I was introduced to lots of other lovely ladies that evening and the following day I spent it with Jayne and her friends.  We have kept in touch and met up again in Amsterdam, which was lovely.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone once more this weekend when we shall meet up again and we are doing a special swap.

Today I shall do a bit of pottering, a bit of washing and then it is off to pick up a few bits as I think I can drive today, which is a blessing.  No injection today as the hospital dont have such a small dose one and we are waiting for it to come in.  It could take a couple of weeks I am told.  In the meantime, I shall enjoy the extra 'good' days.

Thanks for having a read today and I hope you stay warm.  Tracey x




No comments: