Monday

#Mix It Up Monday

Good morning. Mr. Weatherman says Derby is going to be a mixture of sun and clouds today and hot at 23 degrees.  Phew, that means that I have to put my factor 50 sun cream on as even nipping in and out of the house with this temperature and taking the medicine I am taking is not a good combination.

We had a lovely weekend and I hope you did too.  I did a little shopping with George in a crafty shop with a lovely explanation and play with some pixie dust from Lyndsey followed by a cuppa and cake (well it would be rude not to). Then it was home to food shopping, a bit of gardening, a few visitors, a Sunday lunch and puff, the weekend has gone.  

I thought I would join in with a couple of challengers this week and the first one is #Mix it up Monday, I can play now I found the # key.  On a mac this is not obvious and I had to look it up.    This is the colour combination set by Helen and HERE is the link if you want to play along.

This is the card that I came up with, Calypso Coral card base with a mat of Basic Black and Pool Party.  Piggy was stamped on to Shimmer White card and coloured in with Powder Pink ink taken from the ink pad lid.

      I actually cut the sentiment away from the stamp, something I do often but I know not everyone likes to do this.
But it does mean that I dont have to mask off the stamp to get the sentiment inside the banner from the Number of Years stamp set.
I painted the edges of the banner with Powder Pink ink and cut out the oval for the piggy using the Stitched Framelits.  I realised that the Powder Pink edge banner clashed with the Calypso Coral so I had to stamp out another one and ink it in Pool Party, again with ink taken from the ink pad lid.
This is everything together but not the best photo of the card, my photography skills are still terrible but I am sure that doesn't matter.

If you would like to find out more about this card or any of the Stampin' Up! products I have used please get in touch.

Thanks for having a read this morning.  I hope you have a great day whatever you are up to.  Tracey x





No comments: