Thursday

Swirly Bird in a swirly time of life

Good morning. It is very cold outside this morning.  A right nip in the air so if you are going out, wrap up warm.

Last week we made this card at George's MIND crafting afternoon (pinched this image from a friends card that she made on the day)
Both samples that I made for the day got rather ink splattered as they were passed around and couldn't be rescued but, because I liked them so much, I made another couple.




Life is a little hectic again at the moment.

Mum was diagnosed with Cancer a few weeks ago.  She has had lots of tests, xrays and scans.  Last Friday she was admitted into hospital to have the tumor removed.  The operation was done by keyhole and we are now waiting to ensure that all is well.  In the meantime, mum has got pneumonia and has been in Intensive Care for 6 days.  We are all hoping that she will be moved to Step Down later today.  The doctors are pleased with the op side of things and of course the antibiotics are kicking in to help with the pneumonia.  I haven't been able to get to the hospital to see her every day as I am not too well, I havent been driving and Paul has been away but yesterday we took a taxi to the hospital and back, where there is a will, there is a way.  I feel so much better having seen her.

Today Paul is home and he has already taken me to see the work doc this morning.  I have to see this chappie every couple of months as work are trying their best to look after me to make sure that I can get back to work as soon as I am able, which is very good of them.  The methotrexate injections are not kicking in as should be as the dose I am on is still quite small so this will be increased very soon.  In the meantime I have had to have another Steroid injection to help me move again, really, I am like a 90 year old, unable to dress, not able to cook and not really be able to do much for me or Christiana.  I have been living off the tablets to get through each day but hopefully, now that I have had the injection things should improve.

On a more positive note, I have been having lots of fresh air out in the garden, doing some dead heading, a little cleaning and some watering, all with a little help of course.  Here are the plants at the front of the house, some were presents, some were off Sue R, some from Yvonne and some we got from the poorly corner and are bringing them back to life.  Please excuse my finger on some of the images,
  


  







Stampin' Up! are bringing out 2 new bundles on 1st May whoop whoop.  All the details are below.


If you would be interested in either of these please, do get in touch.  There are already lots of samples that demonstrators have put on Pinterest.







No comments: