Thursday

Happy 2015 - Day 1


Wishing everyone who reads this, a very Happy New Year.   I would like to thank you, my blog readers,  so much for all your support last year with everything that I did and went through.  I am really looking forward to wonderful year.

If you are local to Derby and if you have half an hour to spare, or a bit longer, why not call round for a cuppa next Tuesday afternoon or Tuesday evening.  I will bake a cake or two and we can all have a natter and a catch up.  Give me a ring or contact me if you dont have my address and we can all start the New Year with a Crafty Catch up.

I read this rhyme and thought it was perfect and I can relate to it, can you?

I started out with just one topper, and then I bought some more
I decided that a shoebox would make an ideal store
Then as I added inks & pens, my craft collection grew
So I bought a roomy plastic crate, it would last for years, I knew
Embossing then became my thing, with powder & a heat gun
Metallics, tinsels, pearls & clear, I soon had everyone
By now my lovely plastic crate was spilling everywhere
And my glitter glue collection lay scattered on a chair
My husband started muttering and said things had to stop
So I bought a huge old wardrobe at the local charity shop
But after a while, I couldn't shut the door
And I put shelves in the spare room to accommodate yet more
Our house is now for sale, something larger being sought
By the way, did I show you, the latest stamp I bought!

Today we are having mum and dad round for lunch and then the grandchildren will call in this afternoon so, I am baking.  Hope to make a lemon cake, victoria sponge, fruit cake and some nutella pastries.  The diet starts on Saturday and Paul is joining in too.  So many people on the tv have lost weight so we thought we would give it a serious try as well.

Dont forget there is a scrapbooking session on Saturday in the crafty space, you are most welcome to join us, still lots of room.  Why not just come along to see what its about?

Have a lovely day 

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Happy New Year wishing you all the best in 2015 - Lesley x