Saturday

All Sorts on Saturday

Up at 5am so I will need a nap later today.  I dont know if I am up early because I am excited that Paul is coming home or if it was due to the pain in my arm or, was it those pesky foxes?  Whatever the reason, I am up.

I have a day of washing today.  Rob, Nat and the girls came round yesterday and got me Katerinas clothes out of the loft so the washing continues.  She doesn't have anything to wear so I have to get these washed, dried and ironed....now how do I get them on the line with my dicky arm?  They are all so small.....

Some time ago I been ttied my hand at distressing and getting distressed.  I started off with this stool that got very heavily marked during the craft room renovations.  It went from this

To this with quite a lot of work.
 

 Do you like the distressing to look like foot marks?  I painted it the normal way, wash, dry, undercoat and matt gloss and didnt like it at all.  I just wasnt happy with the finish so, after more advice, research etc, I sanded it all down again and then I used chalk paint and a lot of waxing.  I am very happy with the result.  It looks really good in my new crafty space and is now being used as a table.

TAH DAH


This is what we made last weekend at SS in Peterborough.  It needs a bit more snow on it but I dont have any, it is coming in the post.  I loved making it and I would love to show you how to do it.  If you fancy a day of making this, bringing your own materials with you, please let me know, it will take a whole day to make it....yikes.

Did you know that Stampin' Up! have this wonderful board to make boxes?  If you would like to find out more about this product or purchase one, please let me know.

Are you a Stamperette or waiting for an order.......I have had a delivery and have lots of wonderful, fantastic, stunning products sat here all waiting to go to their rightful owners......kettle will be on all day today if you fancy a cuppa but be warned, it will look like a laundry.


Thanks for having a read and I hope you have a wonderful day.







3 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Tracey, what a busy bee you have been since I last popped in. Lots of lovely goodies and cards :o) Jackie xx
P.S. I am not able to hang out washing at all nowadays, I have to dry it all on clothes horses inside :o(

Karen said...

Love the look of that box board. Hope you're enjoying the space in your new home.

Love Karen x

Lesley said...

my you have been busy - the item you made a SS looks brilliant - hope you had a great time there - best wishes Lesley x