Sunday

Flowers and cards

Good morning from a fairly warm Derby. The forecast for today is 20 degrees and a slight chance of rain but I dont mind.  I am cooking a roast beef Sunday lunch for a change so the weather can do what it wants this morning but this afternoon, I would like to spend and hour in the garden.

Well I did all that I wanted to do yesterday, plus a little bit more so that was good news. I went to bed at just after 9pm but was still awake at 2am, another little nap this afternoon perhaps?

I dont think I have shared this card with you.

I haven't put a sentiment on it just yet as not sure what it is for but, it is in my box of cards to go.  It is one that I made a few weeks ago at a lovely day out with some lovely friends.

The garden is looking quite nice, just a bit of a tidy up this afternoon and then it is ready for a week of teas/coffees with friends and family sat outside.  Here is the hanging basket we did, in all its glory.


Now this little gladioli is about 13 years old.
 
 I had a whole row of them planted against the fence.  We then had the extension built, the garden paved and these two little fellas have worked there way up through the walled border to show themselves, amazing.  So I thought I would photograph them



this is what they have grown through.

And a splash of colour


Thank you for for having a read today.  Dont forget to look at the events page, this is being updated, lots of special offers from SU at the moments, papers, new "Best Of" stamps and of course, a flick through the catalogue.  I still have a few of these for sale if you would like one.

Until tomorrow

No comments: