Sunday

Chilled out Sunday

The weekend is here and its been such a busy one, not complaining.  Weather was lovely yesterday. Got up with the larks and off we went to Melbourne.  It is the Melbourne Festival this weekend and we had a wonderful time, wandering around the houses, seeing everyones wares.  The architecture of the buildings really wowed us, I dont think we knew that Melbourne had so much history.  Obviously we both want to move there now, typcial.  We bumped into Alyson and Paula who were selling the most wonderful cards.  The idea is that people open up their own homes and invite you inside.  Once inside you see the work of the home owner, or local artist etc. etc.  Never been to something like this but, if you are free today and have a few hours to wander, its wonderful.

On our way back to the car we stopped and had a cuppa and a sausage sandwich in a cafe, naughty but very nice then, we found the most fantastic Christmas presents for Paul's brother and Paul's son and its still September.

Unfortunately the housework didnt get done, it will have to wait.  I did lots and lots of ironing and I still havent finished.  I also did lots and lots of cutting out.  Why you may ask well, if you didnt know, there is a Saturday Stampin' Up! event on 29th September.  Still a few places left, just give me a call on 01332 721877 or drop me an email at tracey.rossos2@hotmail.com to book your place.  Five cards, five decorated inserts, refreshments, project sheets and lots of new items to look at from Stampin' Up!.

I also broke a tooth YAKS.  I just sneezed and my teeth bit down so hard together that one of them has split. Hopefully I can get into the dentist next week and get it sorted. And for some good news, I lost 3lbs last week YEAH.  Such a happy bunny.  How did I do it well, I had a proper breakfast, not the orange juice, cereal, toast and jam and tea that I had been having in Cyprus.  No chocolate at night time and no bags of crisps. Fingers crossed that I can do the same again this week.

Here is a card that I made yesterday using the mixed bunch stamp set and punch, which are both lovely.  The photo isnt too good but I am sure you get the idea of it.  The flower sits on the main card and the patterned pieces open up.  I used textured very vanilla card and it was a bit tough trying to go through two layers with a fold in the card too but I am so pleased with the result.




 I think I will be adding a bit of bling to the centre of the card.

Thanks for having a read and I hope you have a great day today.  I shall be staying home doing more ironing, more kits for the 29th and generally having a chilled out day at home.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Morning Tracey, well done on the weight loss! Love your card, great style. Thank you for the invite but I go to band practise on Tuesdays :o)
Jackie xx