Tuesday

Medallions

Medallions and large stamps are not usually in my hands cause they aren't cute and I like cute cards but I must say, I have seen some stunning cards made by the Stampin Up medallion stamp and have cased a few. This stamp can not only be used as a focal point but for backgrounds too.

At the last workshop we made a card by inking the stamp up in different colours with daubers. Because the stamp is in the middle of the wooden block, it was very easy to handle. I did find that the best way to get a lovely image was to lie the stamp, wood side down and to put the card down onto the stamp and rub over it gently.


These are the cards we made

And these are the samples that I did to show what else could be done with it


This was done with Whisper White Ink and white embossing powder



I couldnt make my mind up to which one I liked best, the image stamped onto coloured card and then layered onto whisper white or to have the coloured card with a white edging. What do you think?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Like you Tracey, I don't normally do large stamps and medallions in particular, but these are beauties :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

I like 'em ALL best Tracey!!!
Luv
Viv xx